Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
1 Large egg
2 Tablespoons fat-free sour cream
2 Tablespoons lowfat buttermilk
1/2 Cup oat bran
1/3 Cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups mashed banana (about 3 medium)
2 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 Cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, unsweetened
1/2 Teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
- Heat oven to 375. Coat a standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg, sour cream, and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Mix oat bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a second bowl.
- Combine banana and sugar in a third bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk mixture. Sprinkle in flour mixture and stir gently. Fold in blueberries and zest, if desired. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.