The Town of Clayton is one of the fastest growing cities in the Research Triangle Park Region in North Carolina. The citizens and businesses of Clayton, Archer Lodge, and the Cleveland Community welcome you and invite you explore, shop, dine and enjoy your stay.
Outside of downtown, three golfing communities offer tournament caliber golf, custom built homes and recreational opportunities. The new Clayton River Walk on the Neuse is part of the state-wide Mountain to the Sea Trail and attracts visitors and area families who enjoy biking, walking and hiking the trail.
If you find yourself in Clayton during the warm months, you can catch the Saturday farmers market or the Town Square Concert Series. Not to mention Clayton's many annual festivals like the Strawberry Festival, the Mondo Roots Festival, The Clayton Shindig, and the Clayton Harvest Festival - all filled with food, art, music, and welcoming locals.
Top 10 Things to Do in Clayton
- Take a 2-hour canoe trip on the river with Neuse Adventures Canoe & Kayak Rentals in Clayton.
- Get to Clayton Community Farmer’s Market early and often for delicious locally baked foods, local honey and seasonal fresh produce.
- For some legal craft beer tasting -- stop by Deep River Brewing in Clayton and enjoy the food truck sure to be there serving up some fun food!
- Enjoy a performance at the 600-seat performing arts auditorium, The Clayton Center, in the restored Clayton high school.
- In October, Boyette Farms turns into the Clayton Fear Farm complete with haunted houses, scary hay rides and much more. Return to Boyette Farms at Christmas time for a hayride along the Neuse River for the “Lights on the Neuse”
- Enjoy a sweet treat at the Clayton Bakery, where homemade goodness awaits!
- Literally laugh out loud at the The Comedy Club every weekend in Clayton.
- Public Art Trails, art galleries, art shows and performing arts is the theme for the Town of Clayton. Enjoy the downtown streetscapes -- a place for artists and art lovers!
- Have you ever eaten in a silver bullet diner – make the trip to the Rockin’ Comet Diner in Clayton.Save room for dessert!
- Take your bike and enjoy the thrills and avoid the spills at Legend Park bike course in Clayton.